Wednesday 4 June 2014

Editor's note and thanks



I’ve really enjoyed my first week or so of blogging here on boxianajournal.blogspot.co.uk. I’d like to thank all the readers from around the globe who have checked out the blog, followed my tweets and re-tweeted or favourited them: Google stats tell me that the Boxiana blog has had page views already from the UK, USA, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, France, Vietnam, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Japan, China, Kuwait … and more! Via email and Twitter I've received some very positive feedback, so thank you to everyone who has taken the time to write - it's much appreciated.

In the coming months, I’ll be publishing some brief ‘teaser’ extracts from the first print volume of Boxiana, a new boxing anthology I’m editing which this blog is an accompaniment to, as well as information about where and how you can buy this new adventure in boxing publishing.

As I explain here, the idea behind the print edition of Boxiana is to provide boxing fans, and writers, with a new forum in which to read (and write!) long-form journalism which is perhaps more creative and reflective in its style and conception than the type of writing you usually come across in the mainstream boxing media. (Incidentally, if you fancy turning your hand to writing for the Boxiana print editions, then click here for details. I am always on the lookout for new writing talent).

The article that I’ve posted above this one about Froch-Groves 2 at Wembley will hopefully give you an idea of the type of longer, more personal and reflective writing I will be featuring in Boxiana. Incidentally, this article is an ‘online exclusive’ that won’t be re-printed in volume 1 or any later volumes of Boxiana in either print or ebook form - these editions will only feature exclusive, specially written material, and no reprints of anything you can find online for free (unlike some boxing anthologies I could mention!)

Anyway, I hope you like this latest article, and stay tuned to this site for details and sneak peeks from Boxiana: Volume 1 and my team of contributing writers as the next few weeks progress.

Luke G. Williams
Editor
Boxiana
Follow @boxianajournal

No comments:

Post a Comment